SKIP THE NEW YEAR’S GYM RESOLUTIONS: 5 WAYS TO NATURALLY BEAT THE HOLIDAY BLOAT!
Happy New Year! So, now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, it’s time to get real about how much we actual indulged over the holidays, stop denying our clothes are fitting a little tired, and say goodbye to the holiday bloat! We’re sharing our tips for non-sweat, totally un-gym related beat the bloat!
1. Pop a pill…a probiotic pill that is! Taking a daily probiotic supplement improves the bacterial environment in the gut, which helps reduce the symptoms of gas and bloating.
2. Ginger Please! Ginger has muscle relaxing properties that can help relieve gas trapped in constricted digestive system. Gently relieving digestion constriction can help release trapped gas and alleviate bloating. We recommend brewing a fresh pot of ginger root tea and add a spritz of lemon to amp up the de-bloating.
3. Eat Your Fruit First. It takes our bodies 30 to 45 min to digest fruit, meanwhile it can take up to 3 hours for our bodies to digest heavier proteins and starchy dishes. So what happens when you eat the fruit last? It sits on top of your heavier protein rich meal, and begins to ferment thus creating gas and bloating. Since our bodies can take up to 3 hours to digest the heavy stuff, by the time our digestive system is ready to break down the fruit, it’s already fermented into gas.
4. Cut The Salt. Eating too many sodium - rich foods can cause our bodies to retain water in order to maintain the proper balance in our bloodstreams, thus creating the bloat. So cut the salt, and stop the bloat.
5. Drink tons of water! No explanation necessary. But just in case you need one, drink enough water helps to flush your system, ridding your body of toxins and helps speed up your metabolism.