5 WAYS TO FIGHT COLD AND FLU SYMPTOMS AND BOOST WELLNESS THIS WINTER
If you haven't heard aleady, this fall/winter has brought about the one of the harshest flu seasons in recent years, with more than 13,000 confirmed cases in the U.S. This is more than 6 times the number of last year's confirmed cases. Unfortunately, flu vaccines have become no match against the flu since the influenza strains are able to mutate more quickly to get around your immune system. So here are our top 5 tips to help you combat flue symptoms and boost your wellness this season:
1. WASH YOUR HANDS - 80% of infections are transmitted via coughing, sneezing, and touching surfaces that have been coughed or sneezed on. Washing your hands each time you come in contact with germ ridden surfaces (cell phone, door handles, railings, computer, etc.,) will help to kill those germs. Make sure to scrub your hands, lower wrists and under your finger nails in warm water and soap for at least 30 seconds.
2. DRINK LOTS OF WATER - helps to flush pout your system and banish germs and toxins that can cause cold and flu. Make sure to drink 3 to 4 liters per day to increase your body's natural detoxification.
3. TAKE A SHOT - One shot of apple cider vinegar can help to stop your cold dead in it's tracks. When we're sicks our bodies become more acidic, however, apple cider vinegar helps to balance your body's PH. The taste can be a bit unpleasant, but adding to alkaline water like Essential, with a splash of lemon can make the taste a bit more bearable.
4. GET SOME SLEEP - Make sure to get adequate sleep (7 to 8 hours) to help restore the body's immune system
5. FACIAL STEAM - Steam inhalation is a great treatment for respiratory issues, to clear out the sinuses, and sooth inflammation in the nose and throat. Adding essential oils like eucalyptus, peppermint, and tea tea tree oil can help to kill germs and bacteria.